We’ve talked about what prayer is, the purpose of prayer, and how to pray affirmatively. Today’s talk addresses two issues that can clog up our prayers: toxic shame and unforgiveness.
Metta Prayer of Loving Kindness
May all beings be peaceful.
May all beings be happy.
May all beings be safe.
May all beings awaken to the light of their true nature.
May all beings be free.
Resources for further study:
- Daring Greatly by Brene’ Brown, Ph.D., MSW
- Healing The Shame That Binds You by John Bradshaw
- Radical Forgiveness by Colin Tipping
- Loving What Is by Byron Katie
- I Thought It Was Just Me(But It Isn’t): Making The Journey From “What Will People Think?” To “I Am Enough” by Brene’ Brown, Ph.D., MSW